- Marketing websites are built with a specific purpose of supporting your marketing goals. Some of them are built to generate traffic and some of them are designed to build subscriber lists. Search engine optimized websites are easy to find in search. While strategically place email sign up field attracts more visitors to sign up for email subscriber list. Some marketing websites designed in form of forums or blogs to initiate social interaction. Ongoing conversation at forums or blogs provides a platform to promote your business. It also gives credibility to your product when users post positive reviews.
- One of the main purposes of marketing websites is to engage their visitors. Marketing websites should be designed in aesthetically appealing manner. The theme and design should be appropriate to the brand or services it is promoting. It should be designed by keeping the target audience in mind. The marketing website should present the company and its core values in appropriate manner. User friendly navigation and harmonious color scheme is another praiseworthy feature of a marketing website. The icons users are likely to click should be placed prominently, so that they grab the attention of the visitors and encourage them to click.
- Responsive web design is an innovative approach for marketing websites. Responsive websites are designed in such a way that they adapt according to the devices and screen sizes. Marketing websites with responsive design can reach to larger audience. People can access the website from any device – be it a laptop, tablet or smartphone. Besides, marketing websites with responsive design can be updated easily. When you update a page, it applies to all the devices. Marketing websites that require frequent updating should have quick and easy website administration tool and powerful content management system such as WordPress, Drupal or Mighty-Site. These features make it easy to update frequently.
- The content published on marketing websites should be fresh, bold and informative. It should inspire the visitors to visit again or take action. Marketing websites may change their colors or theme when seasons change. They can also change the look and design more suitable for ongoing promotions. Changing banners or ad layouts also attract more visitors to marketing websites to know more about the products and promotions. Interesting layouts and content of landing pages spark the imagination of the visitors. Marketing websites are constantly changing and evolving concepts, which are designed to engage visitors and encourage them to take action.
- Marketing websites that are customer centric rather than company centric are more effective. Customer centric marketing campaigns reduce the anxiety and dilemma among the visitors. Marketing websites should try to balance between the value and cost of the products they are promoting. Those marketing websites that successfully convince the visitors that the product they are promoting is value for money are more successful. Marketing websites that present expert opinions about the products also gain the trust of the visitors. An easy to find, above the fold call to action button with humble and meaningful text on it helps to increase the performance of marketing websites.