Flying overseas and visiting another country can be thrilling. Whether you are planning a vacation or a business trip, if you are not prepared beforehand, you go through a lot of stress. Before boarding the plane, you need to do some research about the country, you are planning to visit. Be acquainted about their culture, food, laws, religion and language. You can also learn about their customs and what is considered a taboo, so that you do not end up offending anybody.
Carry all the important documents
You must remember to carry all the important documents required to travel overseas.
- Make sure that your passport is current and valid for the country you are visiting. Also, fill up all the emergency information in your passport.
- Properly follow travel visa application process and book your tickets only after your visa is sanctioned.
- Carry your identification documents such as driving license, preferably photocopies, with you while traveling. Confirm that your credit cards would work in the country you are travelling.
- Go for a health check up before flying and do not forget to buy health insurance.
Plan your itinerary and book your tickets in advance
- Plan your trip in advance and book your tickets sooner, so that you do not have to rush at the last moment.
- Make a note of your flight numbers and arrival and departure times. Before leaving for the airport, check the status of your flight online to find out if there are any changes.
- Arrange reliable transportation to take you to and from the airport on time, so that you do not reach airport too early or too late.
Clear airport security hassle free
- Do not wear or carry anything that sets metal detectors on at airport security. Take off your jacket, belt, watch etc and put it in your hand baggage, while going through security check.
- Instead of carrying your laptop, buy an iPad or a tablet to keep yourself occupied during the flight.
- If you are allowed to carry some liquids on flight, put them in your hand bag.
Pack essentials such as medication, prescriptions and other requisites
- Start packing in advance, so that you do not forget any essentials. Make sure to pack your medicines, gadgets, chargers and voltage converters while travelling to another country.
- Also other than casuals, pack clothes for formal occasions, sightseeing and nightwear. Accordingly pack your shoes, toiletries and flip-flops etc.
- Be prepared, in case the airline loses your luggage. Try to pack your carryon bag in such a way that you do not panic if you lost your luggage in foreign country.
Once you reach the airport, do not miss the flight announcement while you are lurking at a bar or visiting duty free shops. Remember your boarding time and reach the gate in advance. If you are in US and boarding international flight, you have to clear US customs, which is a nuisance even for the green card holders.